You are hereBack to top
Map It: The Hands-On Guide to Strategic Training Design (Paperback)
No more information dumps
Map It helps you turn training requests into projects that make a real difference. You'll learn how to:
- Help the client identify what's really causing the performance problem.
- Determine the role (if any ) of training.
- Create realistic activities that help people practice what they need to do, not just show what they know.
- Choose the best format for each activity -- online, projected to a group, on paper, as a small-group activity, over email...
- Provide each activity at the best time -- in the workflow, available on demand, spaced over time...
- Let people pull the information they need to complete the activity -- no more information dumps
- Enjoy creating challenging activities that people want to complete.
- Show how your project has improved the performance of the organization.
Using humor and lots of examples, Map It walks you through action mapping, a visual approach to needs analysis and training design. Organizations around the world use action mapping to improve performance with targeted, efficient training.
Try sample activities, download job aids, and learn more at map-it-book.com.
About the Author
For more than 30 years, Cathy Moore has been a passionate advocate for improving performance by respecting and deeply challenging people. She's the creator of the action mapping model for training design, which she teaches to Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, international NGOs, and other organizations worldwide.